MVHS MUN Conference January 14-15
DRIVING, PARKING AND BUS ROUTES
To all attending MUN Advisors:
Please read and share these morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up procedures and maps with your Bus Drivers, Student Drivers and/or Parent Drivers. It is our goal to ensure the safety of EVERYONE and to facilitate an efficient flow of traffic. We ask all drivers to please be especially aware of pedestrian traffic in the mornings and afternoons.
MORNING DROP OFF (Please refer to the “Morning Drop Off” Map):
The entrance for buses is at the intersection of Chrisanta Drive and Pradera/Diablo Drive. You may drop off Advisors and students along the yellow curb near the open quad and gym area.* After Advisors and students have disembarked, look for security personnel to direct you up the hill. If you will NOT be staying the entire day, please exit at the four-way-stop at Cortina Dr. and Chrisanta Dr. If you are planning to park and stay for the entire day, however, please continue past the Cortina exit to the very back, upper parking lot.
* Advisors, please have a discussion with your bus driver PRIOR TO DISEMBARKING regarding where s/he would like to pick everyone up at the end of the day. The bus driver may either pick you up along the yellow curb where you are dropped off in the morning if s/he will not be parking and staying for the day. If s/he is going to be parked on campus all day, you can walk with your students to the very back, upper parking lot to load the bus.
The ONLY entrance for all cars is at the four-way-stop intersection at Chrisanta Drive and Cortina Drive. (THE PRADERA/DIABLO DRIVE ENTRANCE IS CLOSED TO CARS – – ITIS THE ENTRANCE FOR BUSES ONLY!)
- Student drivers: Upon entering the upper parking lot at Chrisanta and Cortina Dr., you may park in any of the marked stalls in the lot to your right (the lot on the left is for bus parking). The lower lot is reserved for MVHS MUN Staff, students and parent volunteers, so please do not park in those lots at the bottom of the hill. (Please see map)
- Parent drivers dropping off: You have two options for dropping your child off in the morning. (Please refer to the map)
- On Chrisanta Drive, there is a bus un/loading driveway that is available for you to use to drop off your child, but there is NO PARKING in that driveway. Also, please do not double park on Chrisanta Dr. to drop off your child.
- OR, you may enter the upper parking lot at Chrisanta and Cortina Dr. and proceed along the car route (see map). We ask that you drop your child off in the upper parking lot. (There is a set of stairs and walkway for them to use to drop down to the lower lot and then enter the campus.) Security personnel will EITHER direct you to the exit in the upper lot OR ask you to proceed down the hill and exit at the light via Diablo Dr./Pradera Dr. (Again, this is for exit purposes only.)
AFTERNOON PICK UP (Please refer to the “Afternoon Pick Up” Map):
As mentioned above, Advisors should have had a discussion with you, the bus driver, PRIOR TO DISEMBARKING in the morning regarding where you would like to pick everyone up at the end of the day. You may either pick up along the yellow curb where you dropped off the Advisors and students in the morning, or may have the Advisors and students walk to the very back, upper lot to load the bus where you are parked. Regardless of your pick-up locale, your exit is from the upper lots at the four-way-stop at the Chrisanta Dr. and Cortina Dr. intersection.
- Student drivers: There are two options for leaving the upper parking lot, so please watch for security personnel to direct you to the nearest exit.
- The ‘exit only’ lanes in the upper lot OR
- The stop light at Diablo Dr./Pradera and Chrisanta Dr. via the lower parking lot
- Parent drivers picking up: You have two options for picking your child up in the afternoon.
- On Chrisanta Drive, there is a bus un/loading driveway where you may pull in to pick up your child, but there is NO PARKING in that driveway. Also, please do not double park on Chrisanta Drive to pick up your child.
- OR, you may enter the upper parking lots at Chrisanta and Cortina Dr. and park in the available, marked parking stalls. (Please do not block the buses if you park in the very back, upper lot.) (Please see map). We ask that you pick your child up in the upper parking lot only, not in the lower lot. (There is a walkway and a set of stairs for your child to use to return to the upper lots.) After you have your child, please watch for security personnel to direct you to the nearest exit.
- The ‘exit only’ lanes in the upper lot OR
- The stop light at Diablo Dr./Pradera and Chrisanta via the lower lots
Again, it is our goal to ensure the safety of EVERYONE and to facilitate an efficient flow of traffic at the MVHS MUN Conference. On behalf of the MVHS MUN Advisors, Students and Parent Volunteers, we thank you for your cooperation and your patience.